Tuesday, September 8, 2009

... the more they stay the same.

So two of my favorite joint on Telegraph were Cafe Intermezzo and Raleigh's, right next door. They've both changed, but basically just in name. Same menu, same decor, same prices, only now they are called Cafe Mattina and Manny's Tap Room, respectively. One employee told me that it was a "friendly takover," which surprised me because the biz model there is so good it must be like printing money, so why sell the joint? Maybe the old owners just wanted to get rid of the hassle of constantly trying to train the right combo of tattooed/pierced/hair dyed kids to dish out their giant salads and sandwiches.

On a side note, students are back in town. I know that they are pretty much the only reason that Berkeley even exists, but it still annoys me because now everything has a long line and I can't park where I want.

They will never even know that Intermezzo or Raleigh's even existed.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, cal students suck. but remember tin, that you are also a bear.

    ReplyDelete