Thursday, June 9, 2016

Real Last day of Kinder



Last day of Kinder. She learned a lot, but might be most proud of this: 

Her first day on the playground, she couldn't even make one link. Now, after hundreds of hours of practice and calluses as thick as turtle shells, she's doing spinning tricks and skipping rings like a ninja warrior. 

There's a metaphor in there somewhere, I'm sure....

I wasn't even thinking of walking her into the yard this morning, but Debbie mentioned that she was going to, so I was inspired. And I'm so glad I did. 

The first half of the year, all Kinders had to be walked in. It gave the parents a chance to watch the kids play and chat with one another. We met some cool families in the 'hood that I'm sure we'll see over the summer. 

The second half of the year, they allowed Kinders to be dropped off in the loading zone- logistically a lot easier, but not nearly as social. I hadn't walked Huelan into the yard in quite a while, so this morning was fun. 

I'm actually not sure what was more emotional for me- her first day of school or her last. 

1 comment:

  1. I sobbed the first day but we were both ecstatically happy on the last. It's amazing how quick that year went by.

    ReplyDelete