Sunday, March 15, 2015

Summer in March






Birthdays for me are now pretty much just another excuse to let Huelan help me blow out some candles and for both the kids to load up on sweets. 

This time, they got to do both on their first visit to Fenton's. After taking in some of their average diner fare, we split a banana split and Huelan got to choose the scoops- vanilla cherry with loads of marachinos, blueberry cheesecake, and choco chip. Pretty good selection by her, considering she could have opted for bubblegum and cotton candy flavors. My birthday, and they get the treats- pretty much the way it is now.

One thought I had was that Vansen is making out like a bandit. He gets to do all this cool stuff way before Huelan ever got the chance to, relative to their ages. Right now, the advantages mostly involve eating sweets, but he also gets to watch cartoons when she does and even gets to weeze on the ipad when we're feeling especially generous. 

I know that this will come up a bunch more times when they're adolescents, so I am planting this post here as something I can point to to prove that we're not favoring him unfairly. We're just lazy, inconsistent parents sometimes. 






No comments:

Post a Comment