Monday, May 20, 2013

May Days

 
 
 
 
 


Mothers' Day was kind of an atyipcal one this year.  Great for my mom since for the first time in probably over a decade she's had all of her kids together to celebrate with her.  I went down solo just for the night to attend my uncle Loi's wedding, which happened to be the night before Mothers' Day and an excuse to get the fam all dressed up for some pics.

The wedding was a blast- literally- with cannon propelled confetti and streamers.  I've been to a number of Vietnamese weddings, though mostly of my parents' friends, so an older generation.  This was the first one closer to my generation (Loi's the same age as me).  I wouldn't call it a traditional Vietnamese wedding, but the reception was very Vietnamese, though more new school. The live band (playing You've Got to Lick It and Freak Out) was one of the highlights, in addition to a co-ed bouquet toss (great idea getting ALL the single people on the dance floor together) and a bottle of Remy on every table.  And Peking Duck Butt... way better than it sounds.

SoCal Mothers' day was a relaxed affair, perfect for the occassion.  We stuffed ourselves again, opened some presents, and mom posed for pictures.  Great tradition that I hope we can do again sooner than later.

Meanwhile, back in the Bay, Liz managed to keep busy with Huelan.  Saturday was a twofur of a birthday - Sydney and Melinda.  Sacramento and San Mateo.  Liz easily logged 300 miles with Huelan in tow, but pulled it off without a major meltdown.  Huelan somehow knew that there was partying involved, so went along with the plan.  They spent the night in the Sunset to wake up at Grandma's on Mothers' Day, which was a casual affair at the house.  With Tom and Adrienne's wedding this weekend, I think that a cozy Mothers' Day was just what the doctor ordered.

some pics here, including Huelan opening the costume chest that Dina's daughter Paige has outgrown.  I think I feel a Princess Phase coming on....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment