Sunday, May 5, 2013

End of April











April was the busiest month I can remember, so I'm sure that I'll forgot many things from this wrap up, but I'll do my best.

After the camping trip, we shifted into high gear. There was Vlad's bachelor party (and the rehab), Liz's spa day baby shower, Vlad's wedding (and the rehab), Lynn & Larry's anniversary, the end of my fiscal year at work, a visit from Rene and Mark, and , in the last day of the month, the Grand Opening of Bay Vein Associates. Personally and professionally, probably the busiest I've ever been.
A whirlwind with more than a little anxiety, but man was it fun. Vlad, Jay, Sam, Scott, Hollis, Brian, Anh, and me in Vegas. Sounds like a dumb idea, and it was.

Sell a pile of implants on the final day of the year to eek out my quota, followed by a spectacular Warriors game, where I lost a contact lens in the wind only to have it found by a random passerby right when I was about to lose hope and succumb to despair.

Vlad and Rachel's wedding was just right- full of friends, celebration, dancing, food, sake and partial blackout.

Though I couldn't properly punish the generous buffet at the Palace Hotel the next morning for the anniversary brunch, it was probably just as well.

When we got back, after a little family nap, I smoked a tri tip and got to spend some quality time with ooooold friends.

That was just enough of a respite to re-energize and take on the final preperations for the first day of appointments at Bay Vein Associates. The plan was to only book four patients in the four hours we were open, and we pretty much needed the entire time. As we get our processes streamlined, we'll ramp up, but right now we're not in a hurry. Just trying not to screw anything up.

Then this weekend, Liz had her family baby shower at Harding Park (man I miss playing golf), which allowed me a couple of hours to vegg out... or install some recessed speakers in the kitchen. Guess which I chose.

Finally, today Anh came over and we planted the lemon tree he gave us for a housewarming gift (the one that's been on the deck for 15 months). Had to dig through gravelly soil and tenacious juniper roots, but we got the job done. And for good measure we cleared some of the dry brush off the side of hill behind the house for some positive kindling karma.

The thing is, the busier I am = the busier Liz is. And we could both be hungover, dead tired and beaten down, and het no deference from Huelan. She'll still jump on our faces at 7:15. She'll still want to go to the oark if it's sunny. She'll still want to play "hide and find" at all hours of the day. This is both exhausting and extremely comforting, annoying and endearing.

And when one of us picks up the slack for the other, it's not a favor, it's not a score, it's just appreciated. Besides, we probably won't be as busy when we add a newborn to the mix, right?



1 comment:

  1. Dude! Here here. Great wrap up. April was one for the books!!

    ReplyDelete