Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Smoke Show

For the past few months, more often than not, the last few thoughts to meander through my brain are about bbq. More specifically, smoked meat. I'm posting this laying in bed past midnight. I'm officially obsessed.

I've always been a fan of smoke. But a smoked turkey at Kevin's house crystalized a connection between two of my favorite things- DIY and meat.

First was the Thanksgiving turkey. Actually the practice turkey was first- there was no way Liz was going to let me go into Thanksgiving totally green. And The practice paid off with and sexy and tasty bird.

Since then, I've taken a run at chicken, salmon, ham, and beef jerkey. Mostly successful, though a few things still need fine tuning.

But really, all that stuff was just a prelude to last weekend: baby back ribs. I have high pork standards and at the risk of dislocating my shoulder with an over enthusiastic pat on my own back, these turned out pretty dang good.

I'm still a novice at this, so I need to work out some more recipes and techniques. If you want to be a guinea pig, come on over. Maybe tri-tip this weekend?



No comments:

Post a Comment