Friday, October 26, 2012

Potty Update

We get serious with the potty training almost two weeks ago, and, at the risk of spraining my shoulder, I've got to give ourselves a pat on our collective back. We started in earnest on a Saturday, and by Sunday night Huelan got the idea. And a bunch of Dinosaur Train friends. Then we moved on to stickers and jellybeans, and by mid-week I say she was 80% there with just one or two mishaps.

Now, two weeks in, she gives us ample warning when she needs the potty and hasn't had an accident in a long while. She's pretty proud if herself and likes her My Little Pony underpants.

One caveat though- we haven't been successful with Number Two yet. I'm not sure where lds learn this from, but she's always been embarrassed by poop. She'll go off in a corner to do her business, and if you look at her you'll get a dirty look back. So we still have that bridge to cross.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS DUDE!

    Regarding the number 2, my sister got Buddy to poop on the big toilet. I wonder if you can get an uncle or a grandparent to help with this one? Just a random thought.

    Yay!! I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Sahie is doing great!

    Today Huelan deposited her second poopoo into the potty- the first was months ago during our first training attempt. It might have been out of pure necessity- I think she's been holding it for more than two days and just couldn't anymore.

    ReplyDelete