Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

 
 


When I was four years old living in Kentucky, I had an extremely good idea. It was the epitome of innovative thinking and entrepeneurship. I remember it vividly- it was around Arpil or May, and I needed candy.  I recruited one of the neighbor kids- Janetta- and we put on some excuse for costumes and went door to door asking the neighbors for candy.  I figured it had worked so beautifully just a short while ago, it's bound to work again.  Why isn't everyone doing this every week?!

Being a little after Easter, we were able to score some decent loot.  That was probably the beginning of my career in sales.

I'm not going to tell Huelan that story for a while, but if she comes up with the idea on her own, I might not try to stop her.

We spent today at a kids concert at Whole Foods, where Huelan's music sing-a-long leader/our long-time friend Stephanie and her trio played a gig.  They led the kids on parade through the store, which was hilarious because Huelan kept looking at all the food like we don't feed her at home, and there was a pretty good turn out of kids in costumes.  And some food samples for the dads.

Trick or treating was just a few houses up the block and a few houses down the block, but that did the trick and Huelan ended up with half a bucket of treats that's now a little lighter than when we came home.  Liz has the unenviable duty of trying to put her to sleep as I write this. 

Here are some pics of tonight as well as some left over ones from earlier this month. (including some pics of the SF Downtown Halloween Parade where some SF Giants showed up for some reason- man this town really likes Halloween)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment