Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Cluckin' Valentine's




I used garage saling as a pretense to take Huelan out on a mini Daddy-Daughter Valentine's date this morning. We stopped by one sale (where the operator said Huelan was so cute that she didn't have to pay for the keychain she wanted. Nice gesture, but I think it sets a bad precident, so I forced her to give the lady a quarter out of her pouch. This happens at least once every trip).  

Then hit up Casa de Chocolates to get Momma and BiBi some sweets and a nibble of our own. And a nibble is all I got of that strawberry- she wolfed it down. 

The best part of the morning was on our walk back to the car on Ashby. There were chicken on the sidewalk, hens belonging to a family who lived on the corner. I guess free range means free to walk around the neighborhood? Well, at least they were friendly chickens. Huelan held a couple of them and she even got a freshly laid, warm egg to take home as a souvenir. 


1 comment:

  1. Hung, you're such a good dad. I totally encounter the cute means free thing, too, with Casey. Not a fan.

    ReplyDelete