Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Way Back in 2013, Part 1

 


I owe some posts from a wayz back, so I think I'll just dive in this week and try to be caught up by next week.  I'll start with what I can remember from Thanksgiving. We started the road trip Thursday morning, Thanksgiving, and I'll be darned if it wasn't pretty painless. Huelan is a practiced roadtripper now, and with Nhuanh and Vansen in the backseat with her, she rode like a champ. DVDs and headphones didn't hurt either.  This was Vansen's second trip south, and he did even better this time.  With casual stops (lunch at Denny's, the only place open on Thanksgiving in Bakersfield), I think it was about 8 hours.  No sweat.

We showed up with a little time to spare before dinner and proceeded to stuff our faces. 

And then did it again the next day at Mike and Caroline's new pad in LA-ish (technically Hawthorne).  Friendsgiving was another success, and kicked off 5-6 weeks of festive gatherings of friends and family.  

Catching up with so many people in a relatively short period of time is a reminder that nothing ever stays the same. I'll do my best to relay that over the next few posts.  

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment