Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Presidents Cup, Harding Park 2009


We had to leave my mom's house at around 6am on Sunday morning after the baby shower so that I could make it back for a training session for the Presidents Cup. I got a job as a marshal on the 17th hole, which was pretty cool. The entire event was really fun, but being able to particiapte and get inside the ropes made it truly memorable.
My favorite day was Tuesday, the practice round, where there are few other spectators and they allow cameras onto the grounds. I had tons of run-ins with players, players' wives (Elin sat next to me at the 2nd hole), and lots of really cool and happy volunteers and fans. Everyone was stoked to be there, resulting in so many cool moments I can't even list them all. (but here are a few)
  • Watching Phil chip on the practice range
  • Talking to Michael Jordan
  • Elin kneeling down next to me at the par 3 2nd
  • Meeting Stewart Cink and Kenny Perry

It's crazy to see how get a glimpse on how these guys live- they're constantly on the road and have high demands on their time and energy. It's a wonder that they are able to practice at all. It looks really taxing and I give credit to the guys who really seem like good guys and spend time talking to the fans and especially the kids. I've got a new favorite player- Sean O'Hare. But I won't gush....

It was a really exhausting week, but well worth the time and energy! I would definitely do it again- US Open at Olympic in 2012!
Click here for my pics from the practice rounds.

1 comment:

  1. Some of my co-workers went there and had a blast too, so close to Tiger. I knew you would have fun. Was looking for you on the golf channel hoping to see ya. kool

    ReplyDelete